The Reincarnation

        By Ayush Sinha


“Why do you not want to marry, Joy?” shouted Samaira, expecting a strong answer to the question she had been asking for the last six months. 

“I don’t know, Samaira, but I feel you better think of your future now and move on. My life is perhaps too intricate.”

“Look, Joy, I know that you love someone else, and that is why you don’t want to think of marrying me, but you could have let me know earlier. You should not have at least promised me.”

“There is nothing like that. You should believe me. I swear to you, Samaira. Do you really think that I can live without you?”

“Why don’t you let me know the reason, then?”

“It is just that I cannot let you know. We cannot be together, and it is God's own way of ending this relationship.”

“God's own way, Joy? I swear that I will never come by you," said Samaira gesticulating. "I am going away for good. And listen, Joy, If something happens to me, it is you who will be responsible for that.”

She was about to get off, when he straight away held her hand.

“I let you know, but promise me you will never forget me when I am not with you,” said Joy, looking into her eyes.

“Yes, now tell me the truth for God's sake.”

“I am suffering from Leukemia. I was scared that you would not be with me after listening to this. Pardon me for hiding it, Samaira, but I was just scared.”

All that one could now hear was the wind blowing in the trees, and the birds chirping in the sky--just nothing else. Samaira seemed to have fallen into a state of complete oblivion, but somehow, after a long pause, broke the ice with her tottering words. 

“You needn't worry at all, my baby. Believe me that you will be fine, and we will happily be living our dream life. You should have let me know about it earlier. I will never forgive you for this, Joy”

“Samaira, you have promised that you won’t leave me as long as I am alive.”

“You stupid, I will not leave you even after your death. You must have sinned a lot in your previous life that you came across me in this life,” jested
Samaira, with tears in her eyes, hugging him by the scruff of his neck.

After a couple of years....

All that he now wanted was the happiness of his wife and child, who were totally incomplete without him. They knew his days were numbered, while to him, his life was no less than a dream--a beautiful one. It was their second marriage anniversary, and nobody could be as happy as he was, for it was still like a dream to him. The whole house was decorated as if there were someone's marriage over there. It was all done by his sweet better half, Samaira. It was indeed special to her as well, although the tears could not be hidden, stopping her from laughing freely with him. Soon the party was over and the guests were gone. They knew it was their time; they sat together, perhaps for the last time. This was perhaps the most beautiful night of their life. Samaira held the hands of Joy and her child, looking into their eyes. 

“I will never leave you. I promise you, Joy,” said Samaira, holding his hands tight. 

“Yes, Sama, you will never leave me, and you never need to say this. No matter where I am, I will just always be by you. I know that you will take care of our baby better than anybody else can ever. You two have to take care of yourselves and of each other as well. I know that you will make him like me. No matter where I am, I will just always be by you. Whenever you call me, I will be there to tuck your hair behind your ears, to make you feel my presence, and never to let you feel that you both are alone here. I, too, will be waiting for you, but don’t you even think of doing anything wrong. That special moment will have a special time as well, and you will just let that moment approach you."
She burst into tears.



No comments

Powered by Blogger.