A 21 year old student of English Literature, pursuing Masters from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore, Reya Mehrotra has been working as a Writer/Reporter for The Times of India (Agra-Delhi) region since the past two years. A dreamer, she's an ardent fan of romanticism in Literature.
Also a feminist, her poems are usually themed around the beauty of nature, seasons and exploring human nature with an emphasis on emotions. She plans to venture into the publishing industry post higher studies, owing to her interest in writing feature articles and reading realistic as well as fiction works that reflect reality of the past times and the present


Hello, Reya! tell us something about you. How did you start writing?

Ans: Hi, I am Reya Mehrotra. I am currently pursuing my Masters in English Literature from Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. I also work as a freelance writer/reporter for The Times of India. 
Ever since I started studying English literature, it boosted up my confidence to put my writing skills on paper and highly motivated by the Romantics and the Modernist writers, I began writing poetry and fiction.

At Present you are just 21, Have you set any dream for yourself?


Ans: I am 21 years old. Yes, being an ambitious person, I started pursuing my dream at an early age and plan to venture into publishing or advertising sector industry after my post grads. I would also like to take up researchers to write some new fiction novels.

Tell something about the book and your story/poem?

Ans: The book is an excellent culmination of romantic poetry and stories from authors/writers of different age groups and cultures. 
My poems are highly subjective and describe the beauty of nature, womanhood, and emotional intensity, whereas my short story ‘The Love That Wasn’t’ explores human emotions of love, loss, and revenge in the subtlest manner possible.

What are your expectations from the book?

Ans: I hope the readers love and connect with the book on a deeper level and get inspired.

Have you ever felt any insecurity about writing?

Ans: No, but I strive to get better as I read other more established poets in terms of diction. 


How is your experience with publishers?

Ans: So far so good.

Your favorite book and author?

Ans: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
         The Day After Tomorrow by Allan Folsom
         The Secret by Rhonda Byrne

Is there a message in your story/poem?

Ans: I mostly write personal poetry so the reader’s perspective forms the message, however, in my short story, I have portrayed the feelings of loss, revenge that come after unnatural disasters that are resultant of terrorism.


What You would have become if you were not a writer? Is there any other genre that you would work on in future?

Ans: If not a writer, I would have pretty much-been nothing else as writing is what I know and live upon.
I already am working on fiction, would like to explore psychological writings further.



 You seem to be so mature, talented and passionate about your work

Ans: My biggest motivation is my desire to succeed and be remembered as a writer who made an impact.

And the last one, tell us something about your upcoming books and works?

Ans: I don’t plan my works; they are very spontaneous and are written whenever I am impacted by something or a situation.


Get This Book on Amazon



No comments

Powered by Blogger.